Thursday, July 3, 2014

Michael McGrath and a Throw Back

Hello Hello! I am linking up for Throw Back Thursday! It is my first blog post ever! Which was actually just a couple weeks ago! Ha! But I also have a special treat for you all finally!! I can post the video! 



OK so here is the Special Treat! My boyfriend  has been working very hard on a new project. He is an amazing Drummer....literally 2nd in the US. He has competed in The Drum Off...which is hosted at Guitar Center every fall...over thousands of drummers compete. The finals are held in CALI. Anyways...the last couple months he has started a new project...He has started playing the guitar and writing country songs. Now if you are a girl who loves country music...TRUST me...you will love his music! 





So today is the BIG RELEASE DAY! Below is THE video! He wrote the song, played the drums, played the guitar, and produced the video! He is literally a one man show! He is amazing. Please, Please Check it out! Leave him some feed back! If you like it...go buy the song on I-Tunes! Click here to see Video!!!



















HELLO BLOGGING WORLD! 

I am very new to this but I am very excited to give it a try! I am going to need lots of help! 

So a little info about myself....I am a 1st grade teacher in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is very HOT here right now! Currently a high of 107!! HOT HOT HOT!  So that means I will be working very hard inside!  For the past 2 years I was a reading interventionist....so I worked with struggling readers on their phonics skills in grades K-5th. The truth is it was great...less work...no reportcards, grading papers or parent conferences...but honestly it was boring. I missed the class more then anything...my heart just wasn't in it. So I decided to go back to the classroom. And since I have made that choice, I have been thrilled! I cannot wait to be back in the classroom working with the same group of students all year, watching them grow and learning everything with them. NOT just phonics!

Ok so I am going to try this LINK up thing...I am going to LINK up with 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made it linky....We will see if this works...









Here is a center I made for my kiddos to do at the end of the year. It is 8 beach themed sentences that students have to sort and put in order. They then have to write the sentences and draw a picture to match. My students really enjoy it. This is also in the teachers pay teacher store for only $2!Check it Out!



I have other ones I am working on for different seasons and holidays! My students really enjoyed using these at the end of the year for different in my groups. 



This is a craft a did a couple of weeks ago at Craft Night. I had 13 girl friends come over with their supplies...we crafted, ate, chit-chatted, and sipped a little wine. I try to hold one every month and my friends love it! This months craft was  Button Art. I ended up making 2 different pieces but I will just show you one today. 


I made this one to hang by my desk next year. We had a lot of fun and my friends created a lot of different things. We had a lot of button hearts, a button key, some button letters and even a button cupcake! (Which was my other one!)

Alright I think this is good for my 1st post! What do you think!? Follow me! I will be posting a lot of summer vacation with the different items I make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cupcakes and Teaching