Sunday, July 27, 2014

Made It Monday! I have been busy!

Made It Monday! This is my last one before heading back to school! I don't start the school year until August 25th, however our Kinder students come to school for the first two weeks of school for half a day. This way they learn the ins and outs of school. Most of our students are ELL and do not speak much English, nor do they attend preschool. So they really do not know what to do. We call the first 2 weeks of August, Kinder Bridge...Bridging them into Kinder? I guess. I am not a Kinder teacher, so I do not have a class, but I am in charge of the program. I will be in and out of all 5 Kinder classes, helping with enrollment and making sure the little munchkins go to the right room and what not. I am very excited to head back and get them started! 

So since I will be busy with them for the next two weeks, I have been very busy! I am linking up with Miss 4th Grade Frolics! Sorry for the CRAZY picture overload! 



I made new pockets for my chairs! I sewed 6 of them up, with the help of my darling little sister while I was in Ohio. These are not good picture...but once I take them to school I will snap a few new pictures of them in children chairs. So I made 6 pockets to keep at my reading table. They will store different bags of sight words, letter tiles, and probably a white board and marker. This way I do not have to pass things out all the time. Students will be able to just pull it out of their pocket. 








Burlap Pencils! I went a little crazy with them! So I started with just the WRITE banner. This is going to be put in my classroom writing center. Then I had some extra burlap so I decided to make each of my 1st grade teachers a pencil to hang on their door with the first letter of their last name. I have two brand new teachers this year and I thought this would be a nice little welcome present for them. I am also grade level chair, so I figured the first day when everyone comes in I will have this on top of their binder that I have all set up for them. 





This one is mine!!!




Then I started with the labels for all sorts of things in my classroom!




This will be on my writing table to store everything for my writing center in! These containers are from The Container Store! Love Them! 


This is the writing caddie. 

This will be be for all the supplies...pencils, scissors, crayons, markers, colored pencils... 


These little pink ones are for my sentence cards. I have these for all different holidays, season, and what not. Students sort the words and create a sentence according to the picture on the card. They then write the sentence on a recording sheet and draw a picture to match. 
You can check them out in my store.




These are my math buckets. I put the labels on them but thought they were still kind of dull. So then I found this tape in my craft room and thought I could add some to the bucket. 


I think they look a little better with the tape around them! 





I have also been very busy with making things for my students to do and learn from in my classroom. I created 3 math centers, that are apple themed. They are perfect for the start of the year! 
Math word problems, True or False math number sentences, and sorting math number sentences by <, >, =




I also created these set of centers...Monster Mash. 4 different centers. These centers are helping students determine the short vowel sound that they hear, and the type of digraph that they hear. These are also great to use at the start of the year. Students match pictures to words, they also sort pictures according to the sounds that they hear in the word. 







#5





 Just something pretty to sit on my TV stand. I used an old mason jar that I had, added some magnetic letters and numbers to be fillers, tied on a school themed ribbon and added some pretty flowers that I got from Michael's in the 70% off stuff! 




And I will leave you with my Man Crush Monday....Just a little extra :)



5 comments:

  1. I love the burlap pencils - I have never seen those before - so cute!! The washi tape does make the baskets look better : ) The chair pockets are a great idea - I may have to get my daughter to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Write" pennant too! I might need to add that little craft to my list of things to do! Have fun at Kinder Bridge! What a great idea!
    Jenn
    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Burlap pencils are too cute! I like your chair pocket idea as well. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your made its turned out amazing! I adore those burlap pencils!!! I can't believe you how nice and neat you were able to paint onto the burlap!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the burlap pencil banner for your writing center and also the pencils you made for your grade level. You are just too nice, I wish I was at your school. The teachers in your grade level are going to be so surprised, those pencils are just too cute. Also the chair pockets are adorable! Hope your enjoying your summer!;)

    Alma

    Mrs. Solis Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Cupcakes and Teaching