Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wordless Wednesday! Kickball!

Happy Wednesday! Wednesday already! This week is flying by! Wednesdays mean...Kickball! It is kickball Wednesday.  So I am linking up with Miss Sugar and Spice for Wordless Wednesday! 





I know what you are all thinking...kickball?! YES KICKBALL! And I don't mean just a little pick up game here and there... we are a professional kickball team that.... practices, has legit jerseys,  travel around the country for tournaments,  and took 3rd in the biggest kickball tournament of the year...which has over 150 teams competing to win $$$ and be called the BEST! 


If you would have told me when I was 9 years old, when I was playing kickball at recess, that 20 years later I would be competing in kickball games...NEVER would have believed it! 

Now after playing for over 4 years...I still can't believe it! But let me tell you.... it is a blast! Especially after a CRAZY day at school...going out to the field and hanging out with my friends and exercising makes everything better. Heck I even met my boyfriend from kickball...3 years later and we are still together...now playing on the same team. I have friends who have met at kickball...who are now married, or with babies. It is not just a recess sport any more! I suggest you look into it in your town!  




Hope everyone has an amazing day! 


1 comment:

  1. This.is.seriously.awesome!!!! My teammate and I do pick up games with our classes, and they love it. So glad to see that adults are still going strong with the sport!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Cupcakes and Teaching