Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Made It #4



I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for another Monday Made It!!




So last week I posted a picture of this wreath, which I made and Love! I had a lot of people comment on it and view it, so I thought I would take some pictures of how easy it is to create it! All you need it a pack of straight pins, a wreath (the one below is a larger one but the steps I show is with a smaller one.) Red, White and Blue Felt (Small Wreath about 4 pieces of each...Larger Wreath about 6-7 pieces of each). Then some sort of white stars..I picked up foam ones from Michael's. It all costs under $10 especially if you have a coupon for 40% off one item. 





So Step One:  You need to cut your felt up. Cut them in squares... 2"x2". Very easy! I usually leave one of each color uncut, just in case I don't need it. If they are not perfectly cut that is OK. (See my red one down there...not perfect.)







OK, once all my felt is cut up, I put the squares into bowls to keep it all together. I then draw on my wreath to give me an idea of where and what colors go where. The big part on the top left is the blue, and the rest are either red or white. 


Now comes the fun part! Pinning all the pieces on the wreath. First thing you do is fold corner to corner to create a triangle. (Don't mind my nails...I need to get them done again!)  Then you fold it again to create a smaller triangle. 







Then you start pinning them into the wreath. You pin on the bottom point of the triangle this way the open part of the felt sticks out or up. If you look below I start pinning them kind of together like that. 


 Then you sort of just pinning.You decide how close you want them. Once you start it is pretty easy.  








Here is mine with just the blue done. Then you continue with the other two colors. It goes pretty quickly and smoothly once you start pinning them. When you are finished just hot gIue or stick the stars on where you would like them.  just love the way it turned out. I also made a red and pink one for Valentine's Day! 




Since I was on a roll with 4th of July decorations and since I have started watching the USA soccer games....I figured I would add some more Red, White and Blue to my house. The picture on the left-I do not make anything in. Just put some things together. I bought the pretty yellow roses from Trader Joe's..it came in that pot and I added the wheel thing. The picture on the right-I did trace and cut out the stars. Go Team USA! 










Oh goodness this is a pretty long post for me. Made it #3 I saw on someone else's blog and I cannot for the life of me remember who's it was. So if it was you let me know so I can give you a shout out! These are Login Loops. Each student in my class will get a set of these..They will keep track of their usernames and passwords on them. I am going to laminate and cut them, (so I can just use washable marker and reuse them next year, or once a student moves.) tie them with yarn. I saw them with those silver rings but I don't want to spend the money on those. These will be in my store for free today. If you download them, please follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers and leave me some feedback. 







Hope everyone is enjoying their summer vacations and not working TOO hard!


2 comments:

  1. Tara made the Login Loops last week (or the week before). They are free in her store too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's who it was! I just saw the post! I randomly read things on my phone and then take snapshots of them and then forget who I get the ideas from! Thanks!

      Delete

Cupcakes and Teaching